Salary Scale: KCU 5
No. of posts: 01
Responsible to: Head of Department Computer Forensics
Type of Appointment: 2-year contract renewable based on Performance.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To develop, manage and monitor undergraduate programs and associated operational administration, curriculum development, quality management and enhancement as required by relevant professional bodies.
- Manage the development of postgraduate / undergraduate programmes in computer/digital forensics, and work with the Head of Department to ensure efficient and effective delivery of teaching programmes in accordance with the University’s strategic objectives in order to provide an exceptional student experience.
- Implement and participate in curriculum development, quality management and enhancement compliance with required standards.
- Undertake research activity and be responsible for research projects and managing other researchers where appropriate.
- Build on a growing research reputation to build collaborations and influence cutting-edge practice with an active publication record that will contribute to the REF.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- PhD in Computer/Digital Forensics or a closely related discipline with a bias in Computer/Digital Forensics. Relevant Master’s qualifications in IT and Computer Science or related discipline with a bias in Computer/Digital Forensics may also be considered in lieu of a PhD.
- Relevant Certifications in Computer/Digital Forensics.
- Practical knowledge of computer/digital forensic tools, applications and procedures.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in delivering effective learning, practical teaching, and assessment in Higher Education within the fields of forensic science and crime science investigation to undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Demonstrable experience of successful curriculum development.
- Experience of supervising undergraduate projects and postgraduate research students, providing training and some teaching as appropriate.
- Competency in a range of relevant computer/digital laboratory and practical skills including preservation, extraction, interpretation, and presentation of the computer-based traces; computer forensic tools (Autopsy; Encase; OpenText, Cellebrite or Magnet Product); Electronic devices and data system investigation (e.g., mobile devices, computer, servers or IoT); digital traces preservation; network investigations; online fraud linked to computer forensic science related research and teaching.
- An appropriate level of digital capability and aptitude with practical experience in applications that enhance student learning.
- Ability to communicate with clarity on complex and conceptual ideas to those with limited knowledge and understanding as well as to peers, using high-level skills and a range of media.
Interested applicants who meet the above qualifications should submit their applications accompanied by detailed CVs with 3 referees, certified copies of all relevant academic documents, appointment letters and other employment documents (where applicable); and a copy of national ID to;
The Human Resource Manager,
King Ceasor University,
King Ceasor Road, Bunga,
P.O Box 88, Kampala, Uganda.
Email: hr@kcu. ac.ug
Deadline for all the above positions is July 28, 2023. Further information can be found on our website. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.