Salary Scale: KCU 4
No. of posts: 01
Responsible to: DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR
Type of Appointment: 3-year contract renewable based on Performance.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To give strategic Direction to the team in ICT and the university at large.
- Provide leadership to the IT Office ensuring high levels of staff motivation and productivity.
- Define, manage, monitor and evaluate university-wide ICT policies and enforce adherence by users.
- Ensure general efficiency and effectiveness of ICT services in the University by facilitating continued development and improvement.
- Tasked with planning and budgeting for ICT services in the University to ensure continuity.
- Strategic planning to achieve the policy objectives of the University’s ICT policy.
- The ideal candidate must hold a Master’s Degree in an ICT related field. A Ph.D. Degree in an ICT related field is an added advantage.
- At least ten (10) years working experience five (5) of which should be at managerial level in a reputable institution.
- Excellent leadership abilities.
- Team building and management abilities.
- Organizational, coordination, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Project Planning and Management skills.
- Knowledge of the University’s management systems including information systems.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of systems and network security in a large organization.
- Extensive knowledge of computer systems and software.
- Evidence of understanding current trends in ICTs in terms of software, platforms and developing-world special needs.
Interested applicants who meet the above qualifications should submit their applications accompanied by detailed CVs with 3 referees, certified copies of all relevant academic documents, appointment letters and other employment documents (where applicable); and a copy of national ID to;
The Human Resource Manager,
King Ceasor University,
King Ceasor Road, Bunga,
P.O Box 88, Kampala, Uganda.
Email: hr@kcu. ac.ug
Deadline for all the above positions is July 28, 2023. Further information can be found on our website. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.