Salary Scale: KCU 5
No. of posts: 01
Responsible to: DIRECTOR FINANCE
Type of Appointment: 3-year contract renewable based on Performance.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To assist the Director of Finance in preparing and providing a financial & management accounting and internal audit overview of all aspects of the University finances.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the account’s office.
- Supervising accounts assistants in the account’s office.
- Ensure correct maintenance of financial information under the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and International Financial Reporting Standards to provide a basis for adequate financial control.
- Timely preparation of financial reports and audited accounts.
- Preparation of periodic (weekly, monthly, quarterly, half year and annual) accounts of all receipts and payments for management.
- The ideal candidate for the accountant job must be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or Finance, with Professional qualification (CPA or ACCA).
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant working experience, have been at Accountant level or equivalent in a reputable organization.
- Reporting and communication skills.
- Proficient in Accounting Applications (Revenue Collection Systems).
- Financial management, strategic planning, and investment skills
- Team leadership skills including team building and individual professional development.
- Strategic planning skills that reflect and support organizational needs.
- Advanced IT and Numeracy skills.
Interested applicants who meet the above qualifications should submit their applications accompanied by detailed CVs with 3 referees, certified copies of all relevant academic documents, appointment letters and other employment documents (where applicable); and a copy of national ID to;
The Human Resource Manager,
King Ceasor University,
King Ceasor Road, Bunga,
P.O Box 88, Kampala, Uganda.
Email: hr@kcu. ac.ug
Deadline for all the above positions is July 28, 2023. Further information can be found on our website. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.