Salary Scale: KCU 5
No. of posts: 01
Responsible to: Head of Department.
Type of Appointment: 3-year contract renewable based on Performance.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To develop, manage and monitor undergraduate programs and associated operational administration, curriculum development, quality management and enhancement as required by relevant professional bodies.
- Ensure that students are provided with high quality, relevant and stimulating range of learning opportunities and experiences.
- Undertake and contribute to research.
- Undertake Publications in the areas of specialization.
- Be responsible for setting standards and monitoring progress against agreed criteria for the area of responsibility.
- Mentoring and training of Lecturers and Assistant Lecturers in the department.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Should have a Ph.D. in MICROBIOLOGY /IMMUNOLOGY.
- Should have a Master’s degree in Medicine or MICROBIOLOGY /IMMUNOLOGY.
- Should have a minimum of five (5) years of teaching experience, at a recognized academic institution of which three (3) should be at a lecturer level.
- Should have publications in the field of specialization.
- Should have supervised three (03) graduate students to completion.
- Being a registered professional is an added advantage.
- Should have a good track record of service to the public.
- Should have proven academic ability in research publication and teaching.
- Demonstrated computer literacy.