Salary Scale: KCU 5
No. of posts: 01
Responsible to: ACADEMIC REGISTRAR
Type of Appointment: 3 years contract renewable based on Performance
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To assist the Academic Registrar in organizing and coordinating activities relating to student admissions.
- Developing, directing, and conducting admission/transfer procedures for all new students in all University programs, in consultation with the University Admissions Board.
- Receiving, reviewing, and evaluating all student candidates’ academic documents such as application forms, grades, scripts, slips, certificates, and any other supporting documents submitted for scrutiny by the applicant.
- Assist with recommendation, development and implementation of university policies, processes and procedures regarding student registration and records.
- Provide input regarding improvements and enhancements to the university student enrollment management system.
- Serve as liaison between functional and technical resources for upgrades, problem analysis, issue tracking and resolution.
- Collaborate with Schools and others to research, resolve and recommend action for problems and questions that arise concerning graduation, registration, and records.
- Assist with the development of policies, practices, and procedures for the measurement of student academic progress toward graduation.
- Ensure the proper running of the admissions office.
- Master’s degree from a recognized institution.
- Should have a minimum of four (4) years related experience, including two years of supervisory experience.
- Should have good interpersonal and effective communication skills.
- Should have a high level of integrity.
- Should be computer literate.