Reports to: Vice Chancellor
The Executive Assistant to the Vice Chancellor (VC) shall be the personal assistant/ Secretary to the Vice Chancellor, he/she shall be in charge of the daily operational and administrative functions within the office of the vice chancellor
The office requires thorough knowledge of university policies, procedures, operations and an understanding of the University’s role within the wider community.
- Facilitate the efficient utilization of the VC’s time through development and coordination of a complex calendar of appointments, meetings, social engagements, and community functions with individuals and groups.
- Promote a positive image of the University, responding to inquiries from publics such as students, parents, staff, legislators, alumni and the media by providing authoritative and knowledgeable information regarding University policies or decisions and referring inquiries or problems to the appropriate office or person, facilitating decision-making and following up to determine the inquirer’s satisfaction
- Serve as a liaison between the VC and other University administrators, members of the University Council, public and private officials, various boards, faculty, staff, students, and the various publics served by the University by communicating and/or interpreting policies, decisions and documents issued by the University, gathering and providing information to the VC and representing the VC’s Office on select University and civic committees.
- Coordinate the flow of incoming and outgoing communications by receiving, routing, and/or responding to incoming communications and determining the appropriate office, department, or agency for outgoing communications.
- Assist the Vice Chancellor in oversight functions by reviewing, monitoring and approving University personnel action forms and reviewing correspondence and documents prepared by other offices for the VC’s signature.
- Serve as event coordinator for various functions of the VC’s office by facilitating efficient and cost-effective official travel for the VC and other official visitors by making travel arrangements and preparing associated approval forms and expense reports for travelers.
- Safeguard the confidentiality of the University administration by exercising discretion in communicating information to faculty, students, staff and the various publics served by the University and in handling administrative records, file, and similar confidential items.
- Monitor and track documents, projects and tasks while ensuring attention to time-sensitive issues and longer-term initiatives by providing succinct background information when needed
- Contribute to the overall success of the University by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned
- The ideal candidate must hold a master’s degree from an internationally recognized university.
- At least five years of progressively responsible secretarial, communication, administrative and management professional experience
- Track record of successfully managing simultaneous meeting deadlines consistently in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience in report, newsletter,
- Strong IT skills—Proficient with multiple computer applications
- Extensive knowledge of general office procedures and practices.
Applications should be submitted to the address below no later than 31st March 2023 at 5.00 pm. The Advert may also be accessed on the KCU website www.kcu.ac.ug.
The Directorate of Human Resources,
King Ceasor University,
P.O Box 88,