JOB TITLE: UNIVERSITY NURSE
Responsible to: Head of department
No. of posts: 1
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Be responsible for the promotion and maintenance of high standards of professional nursing care to meet the needs of students, and staff in all aspects of care. The nurse will ensure that she/he maintains safe practice and a safe environment. S/he will treat patients with dignity and ensure confidentiality at all times.
- Receive patients and register admissions, discharge and deaths;
- Provide treatment to patients;
- Account for supplies and drugs and other allocated resources.
- Conduct PHC and health education.
- Maintain a clean and healthy environment for patients;
- Prepare and carryout sterile procedures and disposal of medical waste;
- Perform any other official duties assigned by the Supervisor.
- Hold a Bachelors or Diploma from an accredited University or School of Nursing with preferably two years continuous clinical nursing experience
- A certificate in Accident and Emergency course (A&E) is an added advantage;
- Registration with the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council;
- The ability to transmit knowledge and skills through patient education:
- Competence in chosen area of clinical practice with commitment to excellence in practice nursing;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Microsoft Office Application computer skills
Applications should be submitted to the address below no later than 31st March 2023 at 5.00 pm. The Advert may also be accessed on the KCU website www.kcu.ac.ug.
The Directorate of Human Resources,
King Ceasor University,
P.O Box 88,
KCU Email: [email protected] or [email protected]