Responsible to: Head of department
No. of posts: 1
To develop, manage and monitor undergraduate programs and associated operational administration, curriculum development, quality management and enhancement as required by relevant professional bodies.
- Ensure that students are provided with high quality, relevant and stimulating range of learning opportunities and experience
- Undertake and contribute to research
- Write Publications in the areas of specialization
- Be responsible for setting standards and monitoring progress against agreed criteria for area of responsibility.
- Mentoring and training of Lecturer and Assistant Lecturer in the department
- Curriculum Development and review
- Quality Assurance and Enhancement in terms of teaching
- Liaison and networking with other Universities to ascertain relevance
- Carry out official administrative duties in the department as directed by the head of department
- Contribute to the university and wider society through community service
- Support the head of department and the Dean in providing leadership and direction for the school
- Carry out any responsibility as directed by the Immediate supervisor.
1. Evidence of pedagogical skills with a minimum qualification of a Master’s in a relevant field
2. Should have proven academic ability in research publication and teaching in higher institutions of learning
3. Should have a minimum of five (5) years of teaching experience at a recognized academic institution of which three (3) should be at lecturer level
4. Should have supervised at least three (3) graduate students to completion
5. Eight (8) recognized publications in the area of specialization and at least three (3) of publications within the last three years at the time of application.
6. Should have a good track record of service
7. Demonstrated computer literacy
Applications should be submitted to the address below no later than 31st March 2023 at 5.00 pm. The Advert may also be accessed on the KCU website www.kcu.ac.ug.
The Directorate of Human Resources,
King Ceasor University,
P.O Box 88,