JOB TITLE: SENIOR LECTURER – BIO-CHEMISTRY
Responsible to: Head of the department
No. of posts: 1
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To develop, manage and monitor undergraduate programs and associated operational administration, curriculum development, quality management, and enhancement as required by relevant professional bodies
- Ensure that students are provided with high quality, relevant and stimulating range of learning opportunities and experience
- Undertake and contribute to research
- Publication in the areas of specialization
- Be responsible for setting standards and monitoring progress against agreed criteria for the area of responsibility.
- Mentoring and Pastoral Care.
- Curriculum Development.
- Quality Assurance and Enhancement.
- Liaison and networking with other Universities for Relevance
- Carry out official administrative duties in the department as directed by the head of the department
- Contribute to the university and wider society through community service
- Support head of the department and the Dean with providing leadership and direction for the school
- Should have teaching content with a minimum qualification of Ph.D. In relevant field
- Should have proven academic ability in research publication and teaching
- Should have a minimum of five (5) years of teaching experience at a recognized academic institution of which three (3) should be at lecturer level
- Should have supervised at least three (3) graduate students to completion
- Should have a good track record of service to the public
- Demonstrated computer literacy
- Any other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor
Applications should be submitted to the address below no later than 31st March 2023 at 5.00 pm. The Advert may also be accessed on the KCU website www.kcu.ac.ug.
The Directorate of Human Resources,
King Ceasor University,
P.O Box 88,