JOB TITLE: PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Responsible to: Head of department
No. of posts: 1
- To coordinate the design and development of strategic plans to provide strategic direction and set the pace for the development of KCU.
- To coordinate the preparation of University projects proposals and implementation of programs according to the development strategy of the University.
- To oversee the planning, coordination and provision of technical guidance in the development of performance indicators, quality standards and preparation of policy statements for the University.
- To coordinate the preparation of University’s sectoral plans.
- To coordinate the institutionalization and carrying out of monitoring and evaluation process within KCU and track performance of different Departments, Divisions and Sections.
- To oversee the development and maintenance of database for use by Departments in planning and decision making.
- To undertake internal and external surveys to collect stakeholders’ views on the services rendered by the University.
- To operationalize collaborative mechanisms in planning standards with the National, Regional and International organizations in the provision of University Education.
- To provide technical support in the formulation of University polices, their implementation and cost implications for effective management of University programs
- To guide, mentor, coach and assess the performance of staff in the Directorate of Planning and Development.
- To perform any other duties assigned by the superior officers of the University.
- Design and development of strategic plans coordinated
- Preparation of University project proposals and programs implemented according to the University strategic plan.
- Provision of technical guidance in the development of performance indicators, quality standards and policy statements for the University planned and coordinated.
- Annual Sector Plans, Budget Framework Paper (BFP) and Ministerial Policy Statements prepared.
- Monitoring and evaluation of programs implementation carried out.
- Data base for planning and decision making developed and maintained.
- Internal and external surveys on King Ceasor University service delivery conducted.
- Collaborative mechanisms in planning standards established and operationalized.
- Technical support to formulation of University polices provided.
- Staff in the Directorate of planning and development guided, mentored, coached and performance assessed.
- Should have good leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a person of high integrity
- Should be able to work as a member of a team.
- Must be proficient in using relevant computer packages.
1. Should have a Master’s degree in Economics, Planning, Statistics or other relevant discipline from a recognized awarding University/Institution.
2. Should have a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics or other relevant quantitative discipline from a recognized awarding University/Institution.
1. Must have a minimum of ten (10) years working experience in a planning department of a reputable organization, five (5) of which should have been served at senior management level in planning function.
Applications should be submitted to the address below no later than 31st March 2023 at 5.00 pm. The Advert may also be accessed on the KCU website www.kcu.ac.ug.
The Directorate of Human Resources,
King Ceasor University,
P.O Box 88,
KCU Email: [email protected] or [email protected]