Responsible to: Head of department
No. of posts: 1
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The director finance shall be responsible for the financial administration and planning of the university and shall maintain the accounts in a form determined by the university council.
- General administration and coordination of the Department of Finance, ensuring that the department executes its responsibilities in compliance with set KCU standards and GAAP.
- Develop strategic financial plans and budgets for the University outlining projected revenue sources and expenditures and measures to be taken to control costs.
- Put in place effective financial management systems and procedures in accordance with the established financial policies and procedures so that sound financial accounting systems, records keeping and internal controls are maintained.
- Liaising with relevant authorities to ensure adequate funding of all university activities.
- Work with Internal auditors to ensure compliance with set standards in financial and other related matters.
- Working together with external auditors and ensuring that the audit is carried out with the least inconvenience.
- Ensuring that proper books of accounts are kept and that management financial report are presented as and when required.
- Ensuring timeous preparation and presentation of audited end of year final accounts.
- Attending to any queries by staff, students and other parties on issues relating to finance.
- Hold at least a Master’s Degree in Financial Management or Commerce or Business Administration (Accounting option)
- Be a member of a Chartered Professional Body (CPA; ACCA; CIMA)
- Hold full professional qualifications of CPA, ACCA, or CIMA
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, or Commerce (Accounting option), or a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Have a minimum experience of Seven (7) years in financial management of which four (4) years shall be at senior management level with a reputable organization.
- Should have strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skill with a track record of managing large budgets
- Carry out any other duties assigned to him/her by the Vice Chancellor
Applications should be submitted to the address below no later than 31st March 2023 at 5.00 pm. The Advert may also be accessed on the KCU website www.kcu.ac.ug.
The Directorate of Human Resources,
King Ceasor University,
P.O Box 88,